BYLAWS of the EPISCOPAL CHURCH WOMEN OF PROVINCE VIII
Adopted August 8, 2020
The name of this organization is the Episcopal Church Women of Province VIII.
The purpose of this organization is to unite the women of the Episcopal Church in Province VIII to fulfill their mission of worship, service, study and outreach, working in cooperation with congregations, clergy and Bishops.
Section 1. Members of this organization shall include all women of the Episcopal Church Province VIII.
Section 2. The Executive Committee shall consist of President, Vice-President/Representative to National Board of Episcopal Church Women (NECW), Secretary/Treasurer, Province VIII Representative to the United Thank Offering, and Province VIII Representative to the Church Periodical Club.
Section 3. The Board of Directors shall consist of all elected officers, all Province VIII representatives or Chairmen of affiliated organizations, including but not limited to The United Thank Offering, Church Periodical Club, The Order of the Daughters of the King and any appointed positions. Past Province ECW Presidents and the Girls’ Friendly Society are invited as ex-officio members with voice, but without vote.
Section 1. The elected officers of this organization are those elected by the general body and shall be: President, Vice-President, Secretary/Treasurer, Representative to the United Thank Offering, and Representative to the Church Periodical Club. They shall serve as the Executive Committee of the Province VIII ECW.
Section 2. The affiliated organizations elect their own officers who will then serve on the Province VIII Board of Directors as defined in Article III Section 3.
Section 3. DUTIES OF OFFICERS
- The President shall:
- Plan and preside at the Annual Province VIII Episcopal Church Women’s Meeting.
- Attend Triennial Meeting as Episcopal Church Women Province VIII Representative.
- Appoint positions (Chaplain, Communications, etc.), representatives and/or committees as needed, with the approval of the Executive Board.
- Represent ECW at Synod meetings.
- Represent ECW in Province VIII Cluster 3: Sending and Serving.
- Serve Ex-Officio on all committees except the Nominating Committee.
- Convene Executive Committee meetings as needed.
- The Vice- President shall:
- Assume the duties of the President in her absence.
- Serve as Province VIII Representative to the National ECW Board.
- Report up-to-date National activities to Province VIII members.
- Update, maintain and share the directory of Province VIII leaders and diocesan contacts.
- The Secretary-Treasurer shall:
- Record and distribute minutes of all meetings including Board Meetings.
- Verify meeting attendance by Diocese to determine quorum.
- Maintain the directory of Province VIII leaders and diocesan contacts. Prepare and distribute said directory as requested by Province VIII leaders and diocesan contacts.
- Post current Bylaws to Province VIII Synod website.
- Receive and distribute all monies. Prepare financial statements and report to membership at annual meetings.
- Prepare accounting records for Triennial audit.
Section 4: The United Thank Offering Representative, the Church Periodical Club representative, and the Representative to the National Episcopal Church Women’s Board shall provide resource materials to inform women in Province VIII of activities and goals of their groups. Vacancies in any of these offices shall be appointed by the President with the approval of the Executive Committee if anyone (1) Moves from the Province, (2) Resigns, (3) Dies, or (4) is unable to fulfill the duties of the office.
NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS
Section 1. A Nominations Committee shall consist of three members appointed in the year following the Triennial Meeting by the President with the concurrence of the Executive Board. The President is not permitted to be an ex-officio member of this committee (as she is for any and all other committees). The Nominations Committee shall elect one of their members as chair. The members shall be from different dioceses.
- Duties of the Nomination Committee:
- To contact each diocese for nominations at least 120 days prior to the Province VIII Annual Meeting.
- Shall inform each diocese of said nominations at least 30 days before the Province VIII ECW meeting in the year preceding the Triennial Meeting
- The President, Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer, Representative to the United Thank Offering and Representative to the Church Periodical Club shall be elected at the Province VIII ECW meeting in the year preceding the Triennial Meeting and shall take office at the end of the Triennial Meeting.
- Term of office shall be three years not to exceed two consecutive terms. .
Section 1: Each diocese is requested to contribute an Annual Fair Share as recommended by the Executive Committee to help with administrative expenses including, but not limited to, the expenses of the President, Vice- President, Secretary-Treasurer, Representative to the United Thank Offering and the representative to the Church Periodical Club to attend the annual Province ECW VIII Meeting. The President and President-elect will be financed to attend the Triennial meeting . ____ expenses are financed by other positions. When the president elect moves up from Vice President position, their expenses to Triennial are covered by NECW.
Section 2: The fiscal year shall coincide with the calendar year.
Section 1: This organization shall meet once a year in person or virtually online as conditions require, at the call of the President. Members shall be notified of the meeting at least (60) days in advance.
Section 2: The Board of Directors shall meet once a year.
Section 1: To amend these Bylaws, it shall be necessary that every proposition or Resolution to do so shall have been sent to each member dioceses no less that sixty (60) days prior to the Province /annual Meeting.
Section 2: After such notification these By-Laws may be amended at any meeting by a Majority vote of the dioceses represented.
Robert’s Rules of order (Newly /revised) shall be the Parliamentary authority in all Procedures not covered in these Bylaws.